Your health and well-being are important to your academic success. That's why all registered students are required to have health and dental insurance — either through Caltech or through another source such as your parent's employer, as long as the other health insurance meets Caltech's waiver requirements.
Health Services offers office visits to all students, regardless of insurance coverage, at no cost. Many lab tests and other services are available to students with the Caltech UHC insurance plan without additional cost.
Student Health Services does not bill any insurance carrier for services provided on campus. We encourage students to be proactive about their healthcare, and consult with Health Services providers about the potential costs associated with care, including laboratory tests. We try to assist students in accessing cost-effective, comprehensive care - no matter which insurance carrier they have.
Before the start of every new academic year, you must make the choice to enroll in or waive the Caltech Student Health Insurance Plan and the Student Dental Insurance Plan. You can also choose to enroll your spouse and/or dependents. If you don't choose by the deadline, you will automatically be enrolled, and the applicable cost will be charged to your Bursar's account.
The Enrollment/Waiver Period for the 2017-2018 academic year has closed.
There are some advantages to choosing the Caltech United HealthCare insurance plan instead of alternative insurance:
- The Caltech UHC insurance plan includes both medical and mental health coverage.
- The plan is designed specifically to meet the unique health care needs of Caltech students and supplements the services provided by on-campus Health and Counseling Services.
- You benefit from effective communication and coordination of treatment between the Health and Counseling Services staff and a wide array of qualified medical health care providers in the community. In most cases, this means you will be able to access care more quickly than you would if using an alternative plan.
- Vision care discounts are offered.
For Additional Information regarding Student Health Insurance:
- Student Dental Insurance Plan
- Student Vision Care
- Student Health Center Spouse Program
If you have questions about enrolling or waiving and you can't find the information you need on the Caltech Student Benefits website www.benefits.caltech.edu, please contact the Caltech Benefits Office at: email@example.com.